LogAnalyzer - Documentation
The LogAnalyzer project provides an easy to use but powerful front end for searching, reviewing and analyzing network event data, including syslog, windows event log and many other event sources. It focusses on the user-interface side of this project, so the data itself needs to be gathered by another program, for example the stock syslogd, rsyslog (often the distro's default syslogd), WinSyslog or MonitorWare Agent. LogAnalyzer works equally well on Linux and Windows. It is a free, GPLed open source application written mostly in php. Data can be obtained from databases but also from plain text files, for example those that are written by the syslogd.
Follow the links below for the
- LogAnalyzer basics Important - read this!
- LogAnalyzer Search syntax
- LogAnalyzer installation guide
LogAnalyzer configuration parameters
- working with text log files
- using Windows Event Logs with LogAnalyzer
- troubleshooting LogAnalyzer problems
- LogAnalyzer professional services
We have some in-depth papers on
- obtaining LogAnalyzer from the source repository
- consolidating web server logs and viewing them with LogAnalyzer [Windows/Apache]
- How to setup Event logging in EventReporter to consolidate Windows Events and view them in LogAnalyzer
You can also browse the following online resources:
- the LogAnalyzer wiki, a community resource, part of the greater rsyslog wiki.
- LogAnalyzer online documentation (most current version only)
- LogAnalyzer discussion forum - use this for technical support
- LogAnalyzer change log
- LogAnalyzer FAQ
- syslog device configuration guide (off-site)
- writing massive amounts of syslog messages to a database via rsyslog (this may be useful if you have lots of messages, want to store them in databases but have performance issues doing so)
Don't forget about the LogAnalyzer mailing list. If you are interested in the "backstage" behind the overall idea that LogAnalyzer contributes to, you may find Rainer's blog an interesting read.
Feedback is always welcome, but if you have a support question, please do not mail the authors directly (why not?).
This documentation is part of the
Adiscon LogAnalyzer project.
Copyright © 2008-2011 by Adiscon. Released under the GNU GPL version 3 or higher. Adiscon LogAnaylzer commercial licenses are also available.